Re: [Debconf-video] Goals, wishes and suggestions for Debconf8.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 02:18:38AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 07:15 +0100, Tore Sinding Bekkedal wrote:
> I would actually like to have talkback supported in dvswitch.  It would
> need to mix talkback with monitoring in some way.  But I know very
> little about the audio processing necessary to do this, and the latency
> between capture at the camera and processing in dvswitch could be a
> problem.

I've just now had a first read through this thread. At some point in the
coming days I'll try to summarise the points and arguments and combine
them with my own notes collected throughout the conference.

Just 2 quick notes right now ...

First, i'm fairly certain we can get a good, simple, low-latency
talkback function integrated by using jackd and something along the
lines of netjack. I have some knowledge of linux audio stuff and can
help with this. Asterisk is definitely overkill in terms of complexity,
overhead and inegration challenges, imho.

Regarding tally light functions, I think we really need something that
can be worked out with off the shelf easy to come by standard devices.
i.e. nothing that requires soldering or a particular hardware hacker to
be present in order to get them working or replaced.

I have a lot of other thoughts to add/combine with the others in this
thread. I'll try to get them into some sort of coherent form soonish.

-Eric Rz.