Re: [Debconf-video] Goals, wishes and suggestions for Debconf8.

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 10:26 +0200, p2@mind.be wrote:
<snip>
> Alternatively you could look into http://atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=4096.
> AVR8 microcontroller with USB which comes with a simple loader which
> allows flashing the controller over USB. The AVR8 architecture is
> supported by gcc-avr.

That sounds more promising.  Only $32 for an evaluation board[1] and
about $2 for a chip on its own[2].

[1] http://www.digikey.com/scripts/us/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch?mpart=AT90USBKEY
[2] http://www.digikey.com/scripts/us/dksus.dll?Criteria?Ref=445601&Site=US&Cat=34210907

> The controller can also be programmed using avrprog.

avrprog only works using a parallel port though.  Are you sure it's
suitable for these?  Anyway, that should not be needed.

Please note that I don't intend to work on this myself.  I think I have
enough to work on without struggling with hardware development too.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Anthony's Law of Force: Don't force it, get a larger hammer.