Re: Video team status

I'm back! A few notes follow (I'll post more separately).

On 6/5/05, Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 19:49 -0500, John Lightsey wrote:
> > I have only one myself, and it's too short to run from a tripod to a
> > computer.  If anyone has extra firewire cables it would certainly help.

I'll bring the 2 FW cables I have. I might buy a couple more.

> > We're also lacking in USB2 drive enclosures.

I'm bringing one self-powered USB2/FW drive enclosure with a 60GB
drive. I'll nag Andrew McMillan to bring his full sized USB2/FW
enclosure, which is 250GB ;-) which is what I used last Debconf.

> > What day are you going to arrive?  I'm arriving on the 8th at 9:05pm.
> > If there are problems getting started we can use tapes for Debian Day on
> > the 9th and switch to USB2/network on the 10th.

I'll be there on the 8th as well -- I think. Is there an event on the
9th? I'll have the software sorted at least on my laptop & camera, so
we can do proper capture right there & then.

> Getting tapes on location is probably not a big deal, but they might be
> cheaper elsewhere (?).

As far as we've discussed, I think tapes are more of a backup
strategy. My hopes are to

 - capture direct to pc/laptop
 - store encoded in lossy codec but high-quality settings on HD
 - if possible, stream internally to debconf audience
 - if possible, stream to wider world

Anyway -- I had disappeared for a couple of weeks -- my bad really but
it's been busy like hell, and I've spent quite a bit of time
exorcising firewire demons on my mac.

cheers,

martin