As of tomorrow, the captures in the big auditorium goes to a big USB disk, not to videoraid.

Today we got burned; we lost a recording because somebody,
probably me, backgrounded the netcat listener running on
videoraid.  The dvgrab command did not save a local copy
while grabbing.

We have the recording made by the camera in the front,
which was operated by John Lightsey at the time.

From now on, the talks will be stored to a local USB
disk.  It is large enough to hold the rest of the talks
in the big auditorium.  Human error is a greater risk
here than the possibility of a disk failure.

--
Herman Robak