Re: Speed of videolan

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 01:38, Erik Johansson erjohan@kth.se wrote:
> John lent his hard drive to us and we are currently download the DV
> files from videoserver. This is good because a USB disk/IDE drive is
> usually faster than our videoserver.
> It really is unworkable to have a videoserver with 100MB/s is there
> someway for this to be fixed? Can we have one Gb cable going into the
> room?

there is gigabit in the videoediting room and the videoraid is connected to
gigabit. but there's a 100mbit firewall in between csd and the dorms...

but the real problem is...

> When Herman is uploading and I downloading from the videoserver we get
> 4 down and 2 up (MB/s).

thats because of the fscked software raid on videoraid. i'll try to fix it
either today or more likely on thursday. (depends on a new hd from arto...)

> /erik need sleep..

/me understands,
regards,