Re: Interest in bidding on future Debian Conference

On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 04:39:35PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> >    We noticed that you are accepting proposals for 2024 and future years
> >    and have a few questions:
[...]
> If you're aware of that, then great, but I thought I'd just point it
> out; I get the impression you organize commercial events, and I wanted
> to make sure that expectations were managed correctly (i.e., if you send
> us an invoice at the end of the conference for labor etc, then both
> sides will end up being very disappointed).

I received similar spam from Bologna City Council, where I live: it
looks like DebConf has been entered in some kind of conference marketing
database, and we're getting the spammy attention of tourism event
promoters

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>