Re: Interest in bidding on future Debian Conference

Hi Lisa,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 01:24:18PM +0000, Lisa Goguen wrote:
>    Hello,
>

>    My name is Lisa Goguen and I work at Discover Halifax in Research and
>    Business Development. I am writing to you today because we would love
>    to have the opportunity to bring a Debian Conference to Halifax, Nova
>    Scotia.
>

>    We noticed that you are accepting proposals for 2024 and future years
>    and have a few questions:
>

>    Prior to reaching out to our local academia community, we wondered if
>    it is possible to also submit a full proposal document or is the
>    Debconf wiki format the only accepted format?

The wiki format is really the way to go.

Please note that DebConf is a non-profit conference. We rely strongly on
unpaid volunteers to do most of the work of organizing the conference,
and you should not expect to make a profit from it.

If you're aware of that, then great, but I thought I'd just point it
out; I get the impression you organize commercial events, and I wanted
to make sure that expectations were managed correctly (i.e., if you send
us an invoice at the end of the conference for labor etc, then both
sides will end up being very disappointed).

If my impression was wrong, then I apologize for misunderstanding you.
If you're still interested in placing a bid, then great! We'd love to
hear from you.

Thanks, and kind regards,

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.