Re: Call for bids for DebConf24

On Sun, 29 Oct 2023 at 17:50, Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:
Hi matusz (2023.10.28_22:06:47_+0000)
> Please ask the guys biding for 2025. I'm sure some of them could organize
> debconf24.

Those were, of course, the first people contacted. Before this
announcement went out.

At the risk of angering some people, I would like to highlight the same point that our DPL raised at the
end of Debconf23 - there *could* be a possibility for a team that has already organised Debconf in the past
to do a repeat performance and that *might* have lower start-up costs than a new team in a new location.
Which could be the key to getting this done in the tighter time frame.

Specifically Heidelberg, Vaumarcus, Cáceres spring my mind as quite feasible repeats. But, naturally, the
local teams involved with the previous organisations would have to be the ones driving the offer.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs