Re: More info for DebConf21 Lisbon bid

Daniel Lange dijo [Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 04:41:22PM +0100]:
> Hi again,
>
> another interesting data point may be:
>
> ~40 attendees paid for the professional or corporate registration.
> So 90% were attending for free.

This point is very much worth stressing - We have fees for people
_that want to pay them_, and it's understood that by paying such fees
they are supporting other attendees' expenses. The conference usually
runs with little economical gain or loss; over the years, a
close-to-zero balance has been kept with Debian.

I cannot provide the numbers for this claim, but this is what we have
always attempted, and TTBOMK achieved.