Re: [DebConf18] Personal Data Request from MEET TAIWAN fund, NCHC and NCTU

Hi,

I attended BOFT/MEET TAIWAN's reimbursement explanation meeting at May 3, at then I knew there's such requirement that we need to follow. And their original request of list of attendees contains more data including full name, nationality, phone, email and occupation. One of their reasons they doing so is to 1. count heads of foreigners, 2. make sure one foreign person has not been working in Taiwan for 6 months within a year.

After the meeting I called phone to BOFT to ask them whether they accept statistics instead of list of attendees, they denied at then.

At the week of global team meeting I proposed such question in the meeting [1] but it ends up taking too long to act on gathering the consent.

Later, I was told by Andrew Lee that it is acceptable for BOFT/MEET TAIWAN to give them only initials of name and nationality (though I am not sure about this).  It is still identifiable personal data so we still need to gather consent from people.  However they have probably loosen the requirements so I think it might be probable to ask them if they accept statistics again.

[1]: http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2018/debconf-team.2018-05-10-14.29.log.html

Yao Wei