Re: [DebConf18] Personal Data Request from MEET TAIWAN fund, NCHC and NCTU

Yao Wei <mwei@lxde.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I received your request, but I will notify you privately again after
> handling your removal (just in case if I forgot to remove yours).
>
> Also, we probably can't know who are children and who are not simply by
> looking at the list.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, and I can see
you're in an awkward position now, so you do have my sympathy.

However, it strikes me that if we've somehow not sent mails to all the
people from whom we're attempting to gain consent, and if some of the
people on the list are under the legal age of consent anyway, then
assuming consent strikes me as quite wrong, even if people don't have my
personal dislike about opt-out lists.

I would hope there's some way of obtaining the proof, that doesn't
require us to hand over the personal data, but I presume that's already
been asked about -- is it worth explaining the situation again?

Cheers, Phil.