Re: More, better information needed about events

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:

> Hey guys,
>
> Please don't read this wrong - I think in general people are doing an
> awesome job of organising DebConf and it's a great event as always -
> fun and effective for bringing people together to share their Debian
> work.
>
> But: *Please* can we have more information provided about special
> events (e.g. daytrips, BBQ, conf dinner) provided in a more timely
> manner? Particularly for those events where food is included, it's
> *very* stressful for those folks with special/awkward food
> requirements to be kept guessing as to what might be provided. :-(

Actually, I'd say it injects unneeded stress for quite a lot of us,
which then unfortunately gets reflected on the orga folk in a way that
probably makes us seem ungrateful.

If people know what to expect in advance, they are much more likely to
be able to make sure that their plans fit into the overall plan, and
that way everyone is likely to be happier.

(to that end, Gunde's been translating the Formal Dinner info this
morning, but could do with information about what the plan is for
returning from the restaurant -- anyone that knows the plan, please tell
her and she'll add it to the wiki).

Cheers, Phil.