Recording of ad-hoc sessions

Hi,

I'm just sitting in

    https://debconf18.debconf.org/talks/28-free-software-wins-and-losses-in-numerical-methods-education-for-engineers/

which is not video recorded which is a real shame (we had some general
thread on our mailing list from Wouter criticising the low video
cowerage).  It might be that the missing video coverage is simply by
some miscommunication.  When I entered the room I've seen Stephano in
the video room and asked him why there is no coverage.  He said that the
speaker would have clocked the "no video" option when registering the
event.

So my first question to the speaker Stuart Prescott was: "Why did you
choose the no video option?"  His answer was that ad-hoc talks would not
get video coverage.  So either Stuart followed a wrong assumption that
he actively disabled video or something is wrong.

What about adding the following paragraph for the next announcement:

  If you are a speaker please be kind to remote people and make sure you
  have enabled the video option.  Except if you want to provide private
  information there is no good reason to disable the video coverage
  option.  If the video team does not see any chance to cover some lately
  registered ad-hoc talks this will be marked by the video team and not by
  you.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--