Re: Details on the DC18 conference rooms for the videoteam

Hi,

On 22/02/2018 04:41, Yao Wei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Most of the rooms are using VGA which connects to the "smart deck." All

Can we get access to the projectors directly then if we need to run our
own cables? Do the projectors have HDMI in on them if we can get access?
Our capture devices are HDMI only and using VGA adapters could cause
problems as the adapters we have are not very reliable.

> of the classrooms have their own PA equipped which is also connected to
> the smart deck (there could be a mixer inside the deck). Wired and
> wireless mics are provided by the venue.
> (I am, then, wondering if we should rent another set of PA equipments.)

This depends. We have very specific requirements [1] for the mixer and
mics we use that often are incompatible with an unattended PA that most
venues use. We would need to check with the venue whether

a) the smart decks do in fact have a mixer and what mixer it is
b) where the mixer is located and whether it can be moved to where we
need it (preferably at the back of the room, next to the video mixer)
c) what microphones they have and how many of each

[1] https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/hardware.html#audio

Cheers
Kyle