Re: [Debconf-team] [DC17] Help with catering contract

Le 2017-01-23 à 17:32, martin f krafft a écrit :
> also sprach Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org> [2017-01-22 05:20 +1300]:
>> - Are we going to provide breakfast on the departure date (Aug 13)? I
>>   suppose yes, but need a confirmation from the team. Also, an
>>   estimate of the amount of attendees who leave the conference in the
>>   very last day would be very helpful. Otherwise I'll guess something
>>   beetwen 60 and 100.
>
> I'd be cautious. It's really hard to predict this, and at least at
> DC15, we had to put a lot to waste. If there are bakeries and such
> shops nearby the hotel/venue, then I think it might actually be
> better to skip breakfast on Sunday and inform attendees of that.
>
> For those who can't afford to eat breakfast out, we could probably
> hand out coupons for a bakery or somesuch.

There's a bakery not very far (Arhoma bakery) but it's a 20 mins walk
away. I don't know about everyone, but having to stroll outside with an
empty belly in the morning isn't my cup of tea.

Perhaps we can simply leave it out of the contract for now, and simply
have people sign up for the Sunday breakfast, either through wafer, the
wiki, at front desk, or whatever. I'm sure our caterer will be more than
accomodating as long as we give them a 24 hrs advance notice and at the
same time we'll be minimizing waste.

-- Jerome