Re: [Debconf-team] DC18 brochure & flyer final review

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 11:25:32AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) dijo [Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 09:44:29PM +0800]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The latest DC18 brochure & flyer are in [0]. Please help to review them
> > so that we can start to look for sponsor.
>
> Questions as a non-native English speaker:
>
> - The caption on page 4's picture, shouldn't it be "...updating ON
>   Debian status", "giving an update on Debian's status", or something
>   like it? It's not as if Chris updated Debian's status by delivering
>   a talk.

I guess so. But since I am not native English either, please correct me
if we are wrong.

> - I would add a line in the same page: I think video _archiving_ is
>   also a valuable item for our sponsors. So, the subtitle would be
>   "Live World-wide Video Streaming and Archiving", adding to the first
>   paragraph: "Videos are also archived for their long-term use,
>   contributing to a media library that includes every DebConf edition
>   since 2005".

I think the new sentence "Videos are also archived for ..." is roughly
the same as the first sentence in second paragraph. Do we want to
emphasize on "since 2005"?

> - I'm not sure I understand what the semantics of page 5 are supposed
>   to mean. Why are all quotes partially indented?

I think only indented parts are quotes. The unindented part is not part
of quote.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debconf,debian}.org
http://czchen.info/