Re: [Debconf-team] Reimbursements

* Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> [2017-09-26 09:05:38 +0100]:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> > […] only to have them end up in the perennial SPI black hole.
>
> Getcha, and I was indeed premature in asking you to consider a notice,
> thank you for explaining :)
>
> > I really feel uncomfortable sending a notice until some tangible
> > progress has happened, however.
>
> I agree. In lieu of that, what are our options re. chasing up SPI? :)

There was a SPI board meeting last week where the subject was raised; I've sent
a poke to the SPI board asking what was going on on Sunday. I'm told the
contract for the new bookkeeper, who is supposed to oil the SPI accounting cogs
so they stop seizing, has been signed by both parties, and the treasurer said
he'd be available this week to issue reimbursements once they're triaged and
booked. I don't know whether the bookkeeper will be onboarded in that
timeframe.

I don't think we'll be able to do much more but wait right now. I'd like to be
able to say that'll change if there's no tangible progress in the next few
days, but I really don't know what else to do but remind people that we're
counting on them, which they already know...

--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #206:
Police are examining all internet packets in the search for a narco-net-trafficker