Re: [Debconf-team] Revision of DebConf CoC

Hello,
On 05.05.2017 13:46, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hi everybody
(...)
> I'm attaching 3 documents:
>
> The current code of conduct (debconf_coc_current.txt)
> The proposal that is on the table (debconf_coc_proposal2.txt)
> A second proposal that I put on the table (debconf_coc_proposal2.txt)

I also like your second proposal, because it seems shorter and more
structured. The original proposal seems (to me) a pool of ideas, but
lack of structure and consistency. [but also the second version of Laura
has still some of such problems

Before to go to details:

- I'm not sure why we need a new code of conduct.

-

And the details:

1.1 is a (PR) lie.  We had problems in DebConf and we expelled a DD.  So
we should be more Debianista: don't hide problems:

"(...)However, *in past DebConfs and other conferences* (...)"

The point two was better in the original proposal, but I have also changes:

2.0* This Code of Conduct applies in addition to the Debian Code of
Conduct and the Debian Diversity Statement.

[I find good to highlight this. Laura proposal hide it. Also more
strength to Diversity statement, because it is more sensible in DebConf
(to the orga side), in Debian is just OK to ignore people.]

2.2*
 "(...) as well as all related events *and places*, which include also:
 - DebConf, DebCamp venues and (if the case) also the provided hacklabs,
food and accommodation venues
 - IRC, mailing lists, organization meetings,
 - (the unofficially...)

2.1* without "in addition...", already moved in 2.0

3.3* "We *, Debian,*"  [Like many other proposal, we define *we* in
different ways in different point. So lets be explicit on the intent.

4.3 + "or recorded"

5.1, 5.2: "*personal DebConf* badge". Not really a name badge, we allow
"anonymous people (on badge)"

5.6 add: "for official events", "(...) and organization team for the rest"

6.1: We = Debian, right?

6.2: To be pedant: "at antiharassment team" (link to team) (email...)
But here I'm not sure if we should have only antiharassment team as
responsible, and add: "for quick reponse, complains could be done also
to any organizer, registration desk, relevant speaker or talkmaister."

6.4: I think at the end it should be removed, and put in delegation of
antiharassement team. It is mostly internal procedure.

6.x: I liked the original proposal, to include that all attendees should
help (if comfortably to do so) to make all partecipants feel comfortable
and included.

6.y: just not to make conflict of power: "final decisions are taken by
Debian Antiharassment team", Maybe at beginning of 6.5, stressing that
other people (6.2) could take temporarly immedaite measures.

8.1 s/conference/DebConf/, but I would also add Debian CoC,
debian-project list (such questions usually are cross project)

9: Our/We: this is Debian, Debian comunity (I think not), DebConf,
DebConf orga?

ciao
	cate