Re: [Debconf-team] Revision of DebConf CoC

<snipped>

Dear Laura,

While I really like the second COC proposal for the simple reason it's
more simple, more direct and more points based. There are two things I
would suggest, both of which I had suggested before as well -

Even before the preamble have In a nutshell  and share -

The following is a non-exhaustive list of examples of behaviors that
are deemed highly inappropriate and will not be tolerated at DebConf:

 * offensive verbal or written remarks related to gender, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or
religion;
 * sexual or violent images in public spaces (including presentation
slides);
 * deliberate intimidation;
 * stalking or following;
 * unwanted photography or recording;
 * sustained disruption of talks or other events;
 * unwelcome physical contact or other forms of assault;
 * unwelcome sexual attention;
 * sexist, racist, or other exclusionary jokes;
 * unwarranted exclusion from conference or related events based on
age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body
size, race, religion;

Consequences -

 - Depending on the situation, we may enforce immediate consequences,
even before further investigation.

 - Debian, the DebConf organisers, and the venue in which DebConf is
being held cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the
dismissal from the conference. By registering, you explicitly agree to this.

I dunno but wouldn't it have been better to have range of consequences
spelt out right at the beginning and then maybe in brackets tell where
you could find  the real section.

Also, as shared before  if we can have some visual imagery it should
make it more in-the-face and also people pick up visual imagery far
faster understanding.

Looking forward to seeing the new COC2 proposal accepted by one and all.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल