Re: [Debconf-team] Canadian border problems

On 02/05/17 19:49, Carl Karsten wrote:

> Even though they have kicked me out twice (4 times if you include my 2nd
> attempts a few hours later with more paperwork) I am pretty
> compassionate about them.  Assuming there is a point to their job, it
> seems like a hard thing to do effectively.

I'm not clear there is any point to their job.

A doctor may help a patient recover from an infection.  A builder might
make a home where people can live.  A chef makes food that people can
eat.  But what does a border guard say when their children ask what they
did today?  "Heh, I broke up a family" or "I stopped somebody going to a
conference" or "10,000 people lost approximately 30 minutes each at our
border post today"?  There is no point to that.

Regards,

Daniel