Re: [Debconf-team] number of words in order sign up for the debconf wiki and stopping bad actors.

at bottom :-

On 11/05/2016, Kåre Thor Olsen <kaare@nightcall.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2016 16:57:14 +0000
> shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> While all that is good, what is not mentioned is that it needs minimum
>> 15 words. It would be nice if somebody would add that bit too.
>
> The MediaWiki extension providing the sign-up form doesn't seem to
> always count exactly to 15 (it can be lower or higher), and hence we
> use the somewhat vague wording of "15 words or so" on the form.  You're
> welcome to try to come up with a different wording covering this.

Dear Kaare,

Thank you for your time to answer this. Could you share the mediawiki
extension that you are using.

>From https://wiki.debconf.org/index.php/Special:Version I couldn't
gather which extension is being used for this precise bit.

I would suggest to add (2 or 3 lines plain text only). I have shared
the screenshot so it makes a bit more sense.

That would suffice I think. As per my understanding, even if s/he goes
overboard the 2-3 lines s/he would succeed there (meaning it would go
ahead for manual checking which is good.)

I do accept that it isn't a high-value target (something akin to what
wikipedia and other wikis draw)  .

I was wondering though as to what is done in the grey area where a
person is new or old (in the sense of using debian) , but hasn't done
much or any community engagement and wants to sign up for debconf
wiki.

How do people process it ? I know this is a policy thing but couldn't
find it written anywhere.

It would be nice if it is written somewhere/or can understand it if it
needs to remain private.

I have another query, would people think it will be useful/find it
useful to either mirror or have the reference sheet or some other kind
of help when they are new to the wiki. There doesn't seem to be any
information for them.

I do know that Debian discourages hand-holding so would understand it
if the answer is no but would be good to have it spelt it either way.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल