Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the 新竹市 (Hsinchu, Taiwan) Team

Yao Wei, sending this on a phone
On 27 Dec 2016, at 03:02, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:

one more to add to that list would be TP-Link . if memory serves
right, some of their models using OpenWrt by default.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenWrt

I also remembered seeing a wiki page which talked about DebianWRT
which I had bookmarked.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWRT

although only Guillem could share how much of those are talks and how
much reality is there.

So there may be some possibilities to explore therein perhaps, both on
routers per-se as well as AP's.

TP-Link is actually not from Taiwan but mainland China, but might be possible to attract their attention (if not sponsor).

Talking about local router brands, some of these are: Accton, Asus, D-Link, DrayTek, Edimax, Quanta, ZyXEL

We also have MediaTeK and Realtek which also manufacture SoCs for routers.

Aside from routers, for NAS brands we have QNAP and Synology, where most of their routers are based on GNU/Linux.

(Some of the smaller brands, enterprise brands or ODM/OEM companies might not be listed.)

Yao Wei, sending this on a phone