Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the 新竹市 (Hsinchu, Taiwan) Team

at bottom :-

On 26/12/2016, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcarter@linux.com> wrote:
> Dear Hsinchu team
>
> Thank you for your bid, it looks great so far!
>
> I sometimes see Hsinchu written as HsinChu, are both forms acceptable?
> Is one more preferred than the other?
>
> The list of local hardware companies (MediaTek, RealTek, TMSC, DLink,
> etc) is impressive. Between the members of the local team, do you know
> anyone at these companies and do you know if they'd be willing to
> participate and attend at DebConf? I suppose it's too premature to talk
> about specific workshops and events but it seems like a stellar
> opportunity to open up communication to these companies to improve
> ongoing hardware support in Debian. Is that an aspect that you have
> considered before? Would you plan to have some specific sessions or just
> get people together and let it evolve? (it's fine either way, would just
> like to see in which direction you're thinking regarding that).

Apologies for being too premature, still throwing it out there -

one more to add to that list would be TP-Link . if memory serves
right, some of their models using OpenWrt by default.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenWrt

I also remembered seeing a wiki page which talked about DebianWRT
which I had bookmarked.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWRT

although only Guillem could share how much of those are talks and how
much reality is there.

So there may be some possibilities to explore therein perhaps, both on
routers per-se as well as AP's.

<snipped>