[Debconf-team] Monday December 12th meeting

Hi!

We had a meeting a few hours ago. You can find the summary at the end of
this email or on the wiki
(https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Meetings/2016-11-28).

Next meeting will be on *Monday December 12th, starting at 15:30 UTC*.
As always, the agenda can be found here: http://deb.li/il9wc

-----
*DC16 finances & final report*

highvoltage said he would have some time soon to help Abdel with this.
The report is mostly finished and only need some pictures and a review
of the content.

*Catering*

We chose Le Dîner over Chartwells. This means we'll have to pay 4.5K CAD
more to be able to use the cafeteria dining space.

*Venue*

Venue told us we might need to hire a security guard to open the venue
doors between 22:00 and 7:00. We could also do this ourselves with
volunteers, but it seems a lot to ask.

lavamind will check with venue what our options are.

*Website*

No movement. pollo will try to set up a wafer sprint to speed things up.

*Accommodation*

Red Cross wrote back to us saying they had some spare beds we could take
to create a mock up class to take pictures. We'll try to do this in the
coming weeks.

*Fundraising*

Not a lot happened on this side. We are at the point where we need some
progress report (website layout up, venue pictures, etc.) as a reason to
contact people again.

*Conference program*

No movement.

*debconf-announce subscription policy*

debconf-announce list will now be subscribe-yourself-with-validation
instead of moderation-based.

*SPI and Canada*

No updates on this.
-----