Re: [Debconf-team] Ad-Hoc sessions

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 04:13:09PM -0400, Allison Randal wrote:
> Yes, they can suggest a time slot in the notes, and I'll only email to
> confirm it's scheduled, or to resolve conflicts if multiple people
> request the same time slot. They can even ping me on IRC to make sure
> they're first to request a slot.

Well, we want them to publicize their ad-hoc sessions on -discuss etc.
so they need to know it's going to happen.  So I think a quick mail to
their address like "it's scheduled" to confirm to them would be best.

I came up with the following draft for the next annoucement, please
review and/or modify on https://titanpad.com/fjRNfCdwvt

|===============

|There is space in the schedule for ad-hoc sessions from Monday. In order
|to schedule an ad-hoc sessions, please
|
|1. Register your session in the conference system at
|https://debconf16.debconf.org/talks/new/ - use "BoF" as talk type
|
|2. Check the schedule (https://debconf16.debconf.org/schedule/) for your
|preferred time-slot and mention it in the "Private Notes" section
|
|3. We will then schedule your BoF and notify you about it via mail.
|
|4. If everyrhing is fine, announce your BoF on debconf-discuss and any
|other lists you consider appropriate.
|
|Please note that ad-hoc sessions are scheduled on a best-effort basis!

Michael