Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-video] [Debconfsubs-team] subtitling 101

Dear shirish,

* shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> [2016-05-04 16:44:52 +0000]:

> [lots of stuff about youtube]

Debian and DebConf do not endorse non-free platforms to distribute their stuff.
Therefore an official DebConf youtube channel is very, very unlikely to happen.

The license of the videos[0] is very permissive and doesn't prevent anyone to
upload the videos anywhere as long as the copyright notice is distributed
alongside the videos.

[0] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/LICENSE

For the rest of your interactions with DebConf organization and teams, I for
one would really welcome shorter and more to the point emails, or better, you
showing up on IRC and asking your questions.

While I appreciate your enthousiasm and your will to help, most of your queries
would be able to be answered in a few minutes, whereas your long emails are now
taking a lot of bandwidth for the team. This might get to the point where
everyone gets frustrated: team takes lots of time to answer emails, about stuff
that has already been discussed to death; then team gets frustrated and stops
answering, then you get frustrated for being ignored.

Please that this is my position and not one of the DebConf team; I'm just a guy
on some mailing-lists, who happens to also do some stuff for DebConf.

Thanks for considering,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amsterdam
Linux Symposium)