Re: [Debconf-team] Airport Shuttle option, DebConf Dinner Transport - Springbok Atlas

in-line :-

On 04/05/2016, Tammy Manning <mungojoed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Nattie asked me to explore the option of the Airport Transport to the
> Conference.
> and possibly at the end of the Conference.
>
> Please see below:
>
> 2 x 13 Seater Shuttles, working on 1/2 hour schedules.
> ie: People arrive at 9:00am, wait to fill the shuttle, 9:30am the shuttle
> leaves.
> They will go from the Airport to UCT and back to the Airport again.
>
> They have based the costing on an 8 hour day.
>
> Cost per Shuttle: R3 435
> x2 = R 6 870
> 2 days x R6870 = R13 740
>
> Perhaps we could ask if people would like this option and they pay a fee
> for it.

Maybe this option should have been in the registration form. As a
tired skittish attendee, I would pay a fee but what would the fee be,
would depend on that. But as I hope to arrive a day  or two before
this would not work for me.

Also if a bus is decided, then hopefully it will have some
Debian/Debconf posters on it which could be part-sponsored by sponsors
as they could also put some posters on the bus, so it's win-win
situation for all and at the same time debconf attendees could see it
from afar.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल