Re: [Debconf-team] DC16 Budget - Last call

Hello Nigel

> On 14 Apr 2016, at 11:42, Nigel Kukard <nkukard@lbsd.net> wrote:
>
> Last mail I promise!
>
> I've added the budget to etherpad...
> https://storm.debian.net/shared/ECWWxE8B5jQtzY71txlpunpxvl8I76fFDEXTAnsxBJK
>
> This way its easier to comment and I can update it without walls of emails.

as discussed in IRC, I send this proposal also via email.

I think we need a new item: local volunteer and with a cost of around 2000 EUR.

In this cost it should include some food (and ev. accommodation) sponsorship for local volunteers. Usually we recruit local volunteers on last minutes, so we cannot use proper bursaries funds, and BTW bursaries team has not really knowledge of such locals [as being usually non Debian contributors].

The funds also includes some small expenses (like transportation of locals) etc. And possibly it provide some funds for the final brai after DebConf.

PS: not sure about the value, but if most local volunteers requires food and not accommodation (as I understand), it should be IMHO enough. Non-locals volunteers should be sponsored via bursaries.

ciao
    cate