Re: [Debconf-team] Open Weekend and some notes

Thanks Allison

After chatting to Stefano some more, I'll just be helping with some
emails, taking it easy :)

Cate, I have now filled that page. It is vague enough to not promising
anything specific, but specific enough, I feel, to formally engage
with people to exhibit/present ...
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/DebianDay
If people are happy with the content it could either be migrated to
the main website or just linked to from the website, it's up to the
website people.

All: I have some stock photo's from similar initiatives that we did
with TEDx "xLab", some links below, please let me know if you feel
comfortable with me using them, for whatever reason.

Allison/Content team: How do we liaise about talks at the Open
Weekend? I don't want many, only a few, public polished ones, and I'd
like more lightning talks from especially the youth. Nattie, keen to
help with that? Thinking it should be rather easy-going, relaxed and
comfortable.

regards

some images:
These are all licensed CC BY-NC-ND 2.0, in line with TED guidelines.

blackboard: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61944197@N08/9393499247/
alphabet soup example:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=TEDxCapeTown%20alphabet
creative materials: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61944197@N08/13361825875/
artwork (this is how I envision the information art exhibition):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61944197@N08/21591095710/
artwork (ditto): https://www.flickr.com/photos/61944197@N08/8122761265/
and https://www.flickr.com/photos/61944197@N08/8122800560/