Re: [Debconf-team] Diversity Sponsorships

Re: Martin

In general, I think asking people in need to front money is a barrier. Since, hopefully, Diversity efforts reach out to people who are the most in need (and/or less likely to feel empowered to take the steps to get themselves to DC without support), it is a lot nicer to not require them go through a lengthy reimbursement process--or really one at all.

I think there are also practical reasons for being able to hand people a packet (being aware that their reservations have all been handled, that they were handled in a manner that is fiscally ideal from our side, there just won't be a lot of people to manage). It also makes people feel special and included, which is always nice.

cheers,
mdb