Re: [Debconf-team] pre-registration or registation opens and CfP announcements

Missed one.

On 03/04/2016 01:11 PM, Allison Randal wrote:
On 03/04/2016 07:23 AM, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

* If we stick to 20 or 45 minutes long sessions

Yes, that seems to be the consensus.

TBH, in several decades of conference organizing and attending, I've found 20 minute slots are too short to be useful for anything more than "hey, I had this crazy idea...". But for a new speaker, filling 45 minutes can seem really daunting, so it makes sense to offer both options, and let the speaker decide what they can handle, and what will be adequate time to do their topic justice.

20 and 45 minute lengths allow us to keep a regular schedule, always starting talks on the :00 or :30 marks, which is good for attendee sanity.

Allison