Re: [Debconf-team] Questions / Information for pre-registration, please review

Am 04.02.2016 um 02:06 schrieb martin f krafft:
also sprach Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> [2016-02-04 11:49 +1100]:
For budgeting purposes, wouldn't the following be sufficient?

[ ] Plan to attend DebCamp
[ ] Plan to attend DebConf
[ ] Will require sponsorship

This gives us an idea of percentages of attendees wanting to attend
DebCamp, and percentages needing sponsorship. That's about the best
we're going to get out of pre-reg, right?
Another (IMHO) good aspect of this is that it'd buy us a bit of time
to work with bursaries to identify the data they need, without
delaying the pre-reg opening. And then we can approach those who
ticked the last box with detailed questions when we implemented the UI.

I recommend to collect all data that we need for bursaries decisions and venue accommodation occupancy because contacting people individually is a huge amount of work that we should avoid where ever we can (reduce orga work load). We should reserve this orga capacity for discussing difficult sponsorship issues and individual travel / visa support which we cannot automate or solve by asking a few more questions for everybody.

We need to have rather final accommodation numbers in April (we set so April 6th as our internal deadline in http://deb.li/DC16meet1) to avoid cancellation cost at UCT. That is (considering the current project delay) at least a month *before* registration closes (see https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Timeline). So we need to collect attendee counts and who wants to sleep where with as much accuracy as possible during pre-reg. We're already beyond the "rough stats" point in time.