[Debconf-team] DebConf Orga Sprints @DebCamp

Hello dc-team,

I assume that most of you are aware that we have 2 proposals for DC orga
sprint, and apparently both of them are going to happen.

We, as DebConf Chairs, we'll attend and support both initiatives, but we do
have some words to say about each of one of them.

Documentation sprint, proposed by Ana:

We do think it is needed, as we as a team have been postponing many
documentation tasks for months/years. We don't think it will compromise the
flow of dc15, since it will be a rolling sprint, with some meetings and most of
the work done in parallel and individually or by small groups of team members.

Orga team sprint, proposed by madduck:

We acknoledge the need of those discussions, but we think that we should aim
for sharing ideas and shaping proposals of change, instead of making final
decisions in this meeting. We know that many people won't be present, either
because they won't be in Heidelberg, or because they'll be too busy with dc15
to participate in such a discussion. OTOH we actually think such a sprint could
happen outside DC realm, in the months following DC15, without the conference
waiting for us outside the door (to be discussed later?).

Please feel welcome to contribute to both sprints, it is a great oportunity for
the whole team to meet in person and we should definitely benefit from it.
We can also see those initiatives as a seed for a real DC orga sprint in the following months.

Tassia,
on behalf of the DebConf Chairs.