Re: [Debconf-team] DayTrip

On Monday 13 July 2015 17:08:29 Hannes von Haugwitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added additional information to the day trip ideas wiki page[0].
>
> Currently I would suggest to offer the following options:
>
> 1. Speyer (Technik Museum) (accessible)
> 2. Speyer (Historical Tour)
> 3. Boat tour to Neckarsteinach and tour to Dilsberg Castle
> 4. Forrest climbing
> 5. Hiking (free)
>
> The 'Historical Tour through Speyer' and the 'Hiking' option still need
> to be finalized.
>
> @Thomas: What are your plans about the 'Historical Tour through Speyer'?
> Do you have any news regarding the hiking tour?
>
> Best regards
>
> Hannes
>
> [0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/DayTripIdeas

Hi Hannes,

thx for your input!

I've been on holidays last week and I want to prepare for the historical tour
in the next weeks.

I just sent a mail to Jayanth, who offered help and lives in Heidelberg,
whether he wants to prepare a hiking route. If everything else fails, I'll
prepare a hiking route with my bicycle during debcamp.

Can you give more details about your proposal "Dilsberg Castle tour"? Have you
been there? What can people see there?

What do you think about the "beer brewery" option? I like it a lot and the
visit to the Absinthe distillery during debconf13 had good feedback AFAIK.

The beer brewery and the Forrest climbing are the only options that need
reservation in advance. I don't know when and how we should decide to do the
reservation and for how many people.

I'm sorry, I won't be at home for the IRC meeting tomorrow.

Thomas