Re: [Debconf-team] VoIP info

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> writes:

> On 10/06/15 17:52, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> thanks to sipgate.de, we now have 13 numbers and a call budget for
>> DebConf use. Front-desk etc can use those instead of using their own
>> money & numbers.
>>
>> Details at https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Infrastructure/VoIP
>>
>> If you think you need a number or a way to call out, do let me know.
>>
>> If we need more numbers or more funds, we can let them know and they
>> will increase the limits.
>>

>> This offer does _not_ include VoIP phones so if anyone has spares
>> lying around, please add to the list on the wiki.
>>

> Would you like to point the incoming numbers at people's debian.org SIP
> addresses?
>
> People should be able to use Lumicall or CSipSimple on the wifi with any
> SIP service, either https://rtc.debian.org or sipgate

BTW what's the deal with outbound calls and sipgate?

Would they be OK with us just letting people make any calls they feel
like, as we have in the past (mostly via my desk phone in a hacklab)?

If not, I'd imagine that Gradwell would still be up for that -- I can
ask (they probably deserve some sort of thanks/credit for doing that
over the years).

We'd probably need to set up some infrastructure for that.  It would be
cool to let people use their SIP addresses for outbound too.

BTW I can bring my Snom desk phone.

Cheers, Phil.