Re: [Debconf-team] Budget approval based on ledger

On 26/05/15 15:46, martin f krafft wrote:

> Having given this quite a bit of thought in the last few weeks,
> here's a proposal which I believe is a good way forward:

[snip]

> How does this sound? I'll be importing the latest approved budget
> into ledger one of these days, because it'll be useful to me.
> If this is a process you'd be willing to try going forward, then we
> could use this process for the next budget approval(s).

I have to say I have never used ledger before (and I've been meaning to
start keeping my books with it, but ENOTIME), so I don't really
understand all the details you explain here...

A priori, I think that a text-based ledger, kept in a VCS where one can
track changes, is a great improvement for handling the budget, for all
parties involved. Now, my only fear would be if this is too complicated
or difficult to learn for most people (I honestly don't know)..

My 2¢.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)