[Debconf-team] Budget PDF snapshots (was: DC15 conf dinner budget extension)

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2015-05-07 20:41 +0200]:
> Can I ask you, Martin, to make an extract (maybe as pdf as you did
> for first draft), so that in future we will know what setting are
> needed for approved budget (in case of incompabilities in later
> libreoffice).

I don't think that incompatibilities in Libreoffice are something to
be concerned with. I work a lot with Libreoffice in non-profits, in
one case we're still doing all our financial planning based on
a sheet I created back when it was StarOffice, and there are never
any problems that aren't just related to formatting or can't be
easily fixed (e.g. when a function is renamed). I can't even
remember when the last problem occured, to be honest.

However, I am open to the idea of creating a PDF and it probably
makes it easier to refer to an approved budget as a PDF-snapshot of
a spreadsheet that can keep changing.

There's already an overview page designed to produce a quick-n-easy
PDF for the salient information. I don't think it makes sense to
just distill everything from the current file into a PDF. What would
help is knowing what information you'd want in such a snapshot.

  - the overview?
  - the detailed expense listing?
  - what else?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team