Re: [Debconf-team] News from Montreal's bid team

On 08/12/15 04:24 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Alexandre Viau <aviau@debian.org> [2015-12-07 22:56 +0100]:
>> This is good news for the Montreal bid, because we now have two
>> great venue options.
>
> Good work! What are the factors that would influence a decision for
> either of these two venues? Does the team still have a preference
> and backup, or are these both viable choices?

Both are viable choices. Discussions are more advanced with Collège
Maisonneuve but École de Technologie Supérieure is catching up.

As soon as we have more details for the ÉTS venue, this will be the
subject of a meeting of the Montreal bid team. Whatever we choose as our
main option, the other will be a good backup.

I think that the fact that ÉTS has offered the venue for free is a big
deal, we would be saving a lot of money that we can spend elsewhere.

--
Alexandre Viau
aviau@debian.org