[Debconf-team] About microblogging (was: RE: Meeting/Discussion chat tonight: Budget, Delegation ...?)

Hi all

El 11/11/15 a las 09:19, Bernelle Verster escribió:
> Hi all
>
> I'm in a full day meeting today, so won't be very compost mental
> tonight, but issues I noticed this week is budget items and the
> delegation stuff.
>
> Feedback on website and sponsorship is 'ongoing', but there seems to
> be activity, at least.
>
> Please feel free to report back on anything.

I could not make it yesterday.

My proposal for microblogging sponsors would be the same approach as
last year:

* Tweet thanking individual sponsors, once they are published in the
website, using @debconf (Bernelle and Madduck I think they have
permissions via TweetDeck). Ping me if none of you can tweet (but you
should give me access to the account, and I prefer that other persons
handle twitter).

* 3 times during the year, write a blog post thanking the group of
sponsors that committed until that moment. Ping me at any time you think
it's suitable to publish (10 days in advance should be enough to get the
post written, English-reviewed, published, and with a bit of luck,
translations). This post will be automatically posted in
planet.debian.org, in @debian@identi.ca (pump.io social network), in
@debian@quitter.se (gnusocial social network) and in @debian@twitter
(because as far as I know, all the planet posts are tweeted). @debconf
at twitter could retweet when it's posted in @debian.

* If you would like to have a @debconf account in some
free-software-based social network, I could care about it/them if it's
pump.io and/or gnusocial social network(s), because I am in those two
networks almost every day via my phone or my laptop. We could setup
bridges to post in pump and/or gnusocial and then repost automatically
to twitter (as I do with my personal account), but:
** The reverse (twitter -> other social networks) is not easy or
recommendable (long story)
** I could handle replies/direct messages received in pump.io or
gnusocial, but replies/messages received twitter still would need
somebody to care/answer/retweet/etc.
** So maybe it's easier/better to stay as until now, just
@debconf@twitter. You (debconf-team) decide.

Cheers
--
Laura Arjona Reina