Re: [Debconf-team] Meeting this week: A general sprint on stuff

On 14102 March 1977, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>>* sandstorm: larjona, there was some grumbles about sandstorm (around
>>20:00 UTC), I asked Ganneff et al to let you know the issues but what
>>they said in IRC may be sufficient for feedback?
> Yes, it's probably enough. I have no logs, can anybody send them to
> me, please?

The main point that makes it entirely unusable is its usage of a new
subdomain for serving the javascript FOR EVERY NEW REQUEST. This is
beyond stupid and disallows any kind of javascript blocker in your
browser, unless you allow it to trust the whole debian.net domain, which
is way too far fetched.

I can't imagine any sane reason for that setup, but if someone really
wants to be crazy that way, make it one domain per user - and detect
users based on one of ip, cookies, or combinations of that. That still
will make it near unusable, as everytime your ip changes (or the cookie
expires if its set to expire) you have to re-allow the javascript from
another domain, so the IMO only good thing is just serving it like
anyone else - from one domain.

Besides that the UI is way more ugly than titanpad, but thats personal
taste and I may just be used more to titanpad (which, btw, is also run
by debian people, afaik).

--
bye, Joerg