Re: [Debconf-team] Collaboratively drafting the next DebConf delegation

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 08:49:31AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 19/10/15 at 22:49 +0200, Daniel Lange wrote:
> > Dear team,
> So, the way I understand it, this proposal does three things:
>
> 2) move the chairs selection process from designation by the DPL to
> election by the DebConf team.

If I'm understanding the draft correctly, there would be initial
appointments by the DPL for terms of 2 and 3 years. Then subsequently
elections would be held when those terms expire or a delegate resigns.

What is the rationale for this mix of appointment and election?

I think that I prefer an election. I have understood some of the
conflict between the past chairs and debconf-team to have arisen out of
a sense that the choice of chairs was imposed from above. Preferring an
election, I don't want to wait 2 & 3 years for a chance to vote.

It doesn't make much sense to me at the moment to try to have it both
ways.

-edrz