[Debconf-team] Fwd: [Coordination] Timeline changes proposal for DC16

Hi Bremner

This email is to check with you if proposed dates for registration
opening and CfP are workable. They follow on from the discussion below
from August (how does that lurker app work to pull up the whole
thread, can someone post that link here please?)

I made a titanpad draft of content for the website here:
https://debconf16-capetown.titanpad.com/9
I have since removed actual dates, like the 18th of January, and
replaces them with 'mid-month', for example, to ease people's stress
and give us some leeway to the external audience, but, at least
internally, I would like to have an actual date to work towards.

And the rough dates copied here for convenience:

These dates are estimates, and will be updated in due course:
* Expression of Intent opens mid January.
* Sponsorship requests, Talk submissions (for first round) close end
February 2016
* Accepted talks, and bursaries announced end April 2016
* Official registration closes mid May 2016
* Scheduled events submission deadline: early June (not sure about the
purpose of this one?)

My meta-question relates to things (e.g. the website) never being
final enough to consider these dates final: I want to know what do you
usually do?
My proposal would be to use the dates I've listed above, as a rough
aim that the website and T-shirt and swag and what not aims for. If we
spill by a week on a known deadline, that is better than flailing
blindly by not having a deadline at all. Your thoughts?

regards