Re: [Debconf-team] website presence meeting: crunch time.

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) dijo [Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 10:32:28AM +0200]:
> I also don't see the need to battle them out. We have a few people
> strongly in favour of wafer and no one against it (at least as far as I
> could track). martin has brought up Odoo before, but has said that he's
> going to try it out at another conference first and report back to the
> DebConf team next year on how that works out.
>
> I would rather suggest adding it to the next formal meeting (or maybe
> with at least a week notice if anyone wants to prepare/research
> anything) as an agenda item that we're finalizing website framework
> based on current consensus and take it from there.

I'm replying as I had made a suggestion of adopting Drupal. I still
believe it is flexible enough to cover (at least, most of) DebConf's
needs in at least as good a fashion as the systems we have used over
the past few years.

But OTOH, even if I take a firm time commitment to be available (which
is my intention, but I have learnt not to trust my intentions too much
;-) ), I completely agree with you. There are many Wafer
enthusiasts. That makes it quite better suited than anything I can
come up with, so let me withdraw my proposition.