Re: [Debconf-team] RT Spam problem and fix?

also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2015-09-24 22:15 +0200]:
> > I think that would be a good addition. In addition, I suggest to use
> > a new e-mail address for each event, at least while we're working on
> > a per-event basis.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something, but it's unclear to me what the
> benefits of setting up a new email alias every year would provide?

The address will invariably be picked up by spam bots and a new
address each year (which is easy to do as it's a fresh start while
we work per-event) means less spam from the past.

The old alias would be ignored or at best infrequently checked. So
to be clear, I am suggesting to use e.g. sponsors@debconf16.dc.org
or sponsors-dc16@dc.org, or maybe a fake person, e.g. ashley@dc.org
or whatever. It doesn't matter if you answer e-mails to this
address, but it does give people contacting us the feeling that
they're addressing a person, which is beneficial.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17