Re: [Debconf-team] Three things to note please

Hi Kris

My sentiments are perfectly aligned with yours. I am trying to get the greater team on board with this early, as they get anxious if they perceive things jumped on them or done behind their back.

I see the components of this competition as 'pre-competitive': the ShowMeBox is a Debian thing and other sponsors can join in, but I also absolutely agree that with the effort involved, we can realistically only do one competition/outreach initiative.

So, DebConf team, (also please see thread below):
1. How long would we need to decide yes, we are on board, or no?
2. What more information do we need to make this decision?
3. Can I give a deadline of mid-October to bikeshed about this?
4. In my mind it is a huge plus, aside from the benefits that Jonas and Kris already mentioned, that we have two long-time Debian people driving this, not to mention the rest of the team. I think this initiative is really special. At the same time, I don't want the wider team to feel rushed or... Well, I don't want to piss anyone off, basically.

Best regards
Bernelle