[Debconf-team] Three things to note please

Hi team

I would like you to take note of three things that we are busy developing, that was also briefly mentioned in last night's meeting. I want you to take note of them now, to start the bike-shedding and share ideas, while there is lots of time, and then we can use the bike-shedding as constructive input.

Because we're so early, there are no hard deadlines or any things yet.

1. Team-builder event
I want to contact a lady in Cape Town. She is involved in Arduino Cape Town, but she is also hosting weekly Maker events called Modern Alchemists [1]. I want to engage with her about a DebConf sponsored/hosted/contributed event to build our team and spread awareness. I have not contacted her yet, so I don't know requirements or budget or anything yet, will do so on the weekend. So this bike-shed has a bit of a deadline. Once I have contacted her and we've brainstormed a bit, I will feedback to you to share the ideas we came up with, so you can help us think and address any concerns.

2. ShowMeBox - outreach project
The ShowMeBox is an idea hatched by two long time Debian people: Kris Rose and Jonas Smedegaard [2]. This is not an orga-related thing, it is organised independently, but I want to know if there are any concerns or things to take into account. I told Kris we'll have a meeting and start planning in earnest in October.

3. Information Art Exhibition - outreach/creative project
While Kris was talking, this idea started taking shape in Tammy and my heads. It is really just an idea at this stage [3]. It is linked to the ShowMeBox idea in that the ShowMeBox could be used to generate some of the art (but that won't be a requirement). I would imagine these would be on display on poster boards or screens (especially if they're interactive) during DebConf, either at Open Day/Weekend or throughout the conference. It could also be organised independently (so won't burden orga). We really like this idea because it can bring in more people like myself and Tammy who haven't quite figured the whole Debian thing out yet but who could contribute, or just add another element to the wonder of Debian. And obviously it will be great publicity.

[1] - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ModernAlchemistsZA/?fref=ts
[2] -  https://wiki.debian.org/ShowMeBox
[3] - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Meetings/2015-09-09#Information_Art_Exhibition

Cheers