Re: [Debconf-team] Three things to note please

Am 10.09.2015 um 14:59 schrieb Bernelle Verster:
2. ShowMeBox - outreach project
The ShowMeBox is an idea hatched by two long time Debian people: Kris Rose and Jonas Smedegaard [2]. This is not an orga-related thing, it is organised independently, but I want to know if there are any concerns or things to take into account. I told Kris we'll have a meeting and start planning in earnest in October. [..] [2] https://wiki.debian.org/ShowMeBox
Beaker(notebook) is a product by two sigma, Kris' company.

I'd not narrow it down to this product or type of visualization software.
A more general "call for challenges" (to sponsors) of what cool stuff to do with a cubieboard (or other sponsored hardware) looks more open and less of a two sigma thing to me.

Other companies could then also post their challenges (FLOSS or even Debian based only) and supply (their preferred) hardware in return. This way you'd get more diverse exhibits for your Information Art Exhibition and can provide the sponsoring opportunity to other companies as well.
E.g. Intel could sponsor NUCs or Edisons and people could do great stuff with them based on Debian and other FLOSS to fulfill the challenge (e.g. to be allowed to keep the hardware and have the chance to win a prize). Or HP could sponsor Slates and ask people to make them innovative maths class tools.
As this is a sponsoring opportunity, I'd consult with Brian and the sponsors team how that could fit into the overall perks available and whether it means (e.g.) a minimum amount of hardware sponsored or travel sponsored for the three top submissions or a financial contribution to the overall budget is in order to participate in this.