Re: [Debconf-team] Getting the DC15 final report done (sprint: 2015-08-31 1900 UTC)

Le dimanche, 30 août 2015, 00.07:43 Margarita Manterola a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 11:40 PM, Michael Banck wrote:
> > In related news, I started a skeleton DC15 report during DebCamp and
> > uli Scholler said he would help with typesetting again.  On the
> > other hand, I heard from the DC16 camp that they might try scribus
> > this time.
>
> I did scribus for DC8 and would be happy to do it for DC15 as well. I
> believe it looks much much nicer.  I do think that it's DC15's report
> and it's DC15's responsibility to get it out, though.

There should be no obligation felt from any DCn team to re-use the LaTeX
typesetting mechanisms used in past editions. Sure, there was quite some
(fun) work invested in macros for pictures, quotes, articles, and a
translation mechanism based on po4a. The DC{13,14} final reports have
this nice LaTeX feeling that I personally find beautiful; and it is
certainly possible to apply a lot of LaTeX mastery to get to Scribus-
beauty equivalence.

That said, the tools should be supportive for the work, not constraining
it; so if the people who will put the work for the DC14 report want to
use Scribus instead, by all means: enjoy! There will be no bad feelings
whatsoever!

Cheers,
OdyX