[Debconf-team] Getting the DC15 final report done (sprint: 2015-08-31 1900 UTC)

tl;dr: We'll convene on IRC for a final report sprint on Monday, 31
August, 1900 UTC.

With DebConf15 over, it's now time to get the final report out of
the door. This report is not only required for DC16 fundraising,
it's also a valuable asset for DebConf future.

And it can actually be quite fun and rewarding to write about the
success we made happen altogether.

One idea that's been floating around is to severely reduce the
length of the report. Last year's report was almost 50 pages,¹ and
only very few people will read that. Most sponsors probably don't,
as they mostly care about the highlights of the conference, the
numbers and finances, topped with a bit of executive summary (e.g.
by the DPL) and maybe some more interesting stuff (e.g. statistics)
in the appendix.

¹) http://media.debconf.org/dc14/report/DebConf14_final_report.en.pdf

On the other hand, it'd be an oversight if we didn't document also
the topics we consider integral to our conference, e.g. the
cheese&wine party, or the day trip, etc.. The final reports are very
useful for people joining our team for gaining a basic understanding
of what we're doing.

Bernelle of DC16 fame suggested to write it all on the wiki, at
first, and then we can move stuff to TeX later. This approach
enables both: we can create a condensed PDF for sponsors and
interested attendees, but we also keep track of everything for later
perusal on the wiki.

To kick off the effort, I would like to invite you to join us at
regular DC15 meeting times, next Monday, 2015-08-31, at 1900 UTC in
#debconf-team. I bet everyone can write an article or a half in an
hour and that'll take us a long way towards completion of the final
report, the earlier we are done with it, the better.

Hope to see you there!

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16