Re: [Debconf-team] [content] Scheduling experience

Hi Maxy,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 06:23:19PM +0200, Maximiliano Curia wrote:

> Once the schedule was done, a painful point was transferring this
> information into summit: I had no access to the database, and the admin
> interface was way to painful to use.  To avoid wasting hours that I didn't
> have, I had to create blind SQL commands that cate then ran on the
> database, first to create the time slots, then to assign those time slots
> to the events.  In a way, it was fun, in another, it shows how much we
> need to improve our current conference management system.

There is certainly no convenient interface for creating the schedule slots
in summit.  Is this the part that was problematic?  For scheduling of the
events, I hope you were aware of the drag'n'drop interface:

  https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/2015-08-15/display?edit